Saturday, September 19, 2009

There are things that drift away...


Things I have learned this week;

Making mustard pickles is messier than making pickled beets.

Purchasing an Ott Lite will make you think that sitting at a spinning wheel until 3am is a brilliant plan.

Orange and green are my favourite colours. Followed closely by Purple and Turquoise. Followed again by the rest of them. ( I knew this already, but it never hurts to discover things you already knew all over again as if you didn't already know)

That spinning all hours of the night leads one to have interesting self-conversations about the nature of art, of life and why exactly the creepy guy across the street is outside with his pet snake and a video camera in the middle of the night.

That Iron & Wine is excellent music to listen to while spinning...as is Sarah Harmer. Particularly if you sing along quietly.

OK...enough words, Nellie's coming over for some wine and I've got a cheeseball (this makes it an event... no, an Event. Nellie and I wreaking havoc on the general populous of this fair city deserves a capital E.

Now for some pictures... New yarn, the next colours to hit the wheel and those mysterious pumpkin socks that bring me so much joy that I should probably consider seeing a professional about it.











1 comment: