Sunday, August 30, 2009

Birthday Present Extravaganza!







I love birthdays... not only are they an excellent excuse to rally the troops and have a bit of fun, they are also a great opportunity to make presents for your nearest and dearest. A very good friend of mine celebrated the *edited for decency*th anniversary of his 25th Birthday yesterday. As a special bit of birthday present goodness I spun him some (if I do say so myself) rather delicious yarn I entitled "William Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream". I tend to be a bit wordy when it comes to naming things - and everything gets a name. Betty (my wheel) and I spent the day furiously trying to finish this in time for gift giving time. In fact, I was setting the twist at the 11th hour and cheated with the drying process...this may or may not have involved a hair dryer... I'll deny it if you tell. The fibre is 100% Polwarth hand-dyed by the FABULOUS Heidi at London-Wul. The finished product is the result of a couple of her delectable colour selections mashed together in my own special way resulting in 304+ yards of 2 ply squishiness. I'm thinking there will be a series of colour combos inspired by the Bard... I can smell Autumn on the air and for some reason that always puts me in the mood for knitting and Shakespeare side-by-each. Now I must get back to my pumpkin socks...I have a great desire to get them off the needles and onto my feet.


No comments:

Post a Comment